RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Provide administrative, office management and programmatic support to ASSITEJ SA staff.
- Assist with filing for each bank account, developing and maintaining ASSITEJ SA archive systems (hard and electronic documentation) and keeping detailed records for each payment on file as per auditor requirements.
- Receive and file incoming documents and support the administration through duties such as printing, copying, updating contact lists, staffing reception, answering phones and transferring to appropriate individuals.
- Assist Finance & Operations Manager with compiling the Monthly Financial and Project Expense reports and scanning of receipts, etc.
- Assist the Finance & Operations Manager with compiling Financial Reports to Funders as per funder requirements.
- Capture expenses onto Pastel to be reviewed by Finance Manager before being processed, as well as monthly bank reconciliations.
- Provide logistical support for events, training and other activities including researching costs, booking flights, finding and booking hotels, arranging ground transportation, liaising with vendors, producing information packs, requesting quotes and providing any other additional logistical support required by the ASSITEJ team.
- Support communications and documentation ongoingly; for example, taking staff minutes at meetings for ASSITEJ SA.
- Monitor the inventory and office equipment; including the asset register and the maintenance of furniture, equipment and office stationery.
- Compile the weekly payments for processing to be submitted to the Finance Manager.
- Support monthly payroll and keep organized records.
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation.
- Participate in annual audits preparation.
- Assist the Finance Manager with financial/administrative and logistics support where required.
- To apply the basic accounting principles, knowledge, and techniques to analyse variances and perform routine checks.
- To accurately check calculations and try to identify discrepancies and errors and resolve them.
- Ensure staff /ASSITEJ has office supplies and facilitate a smooth running of office including stationery and general maintenance.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as determined by the ASSITEJ SA Team.
Essential Skills and Abilities
Applicant should have good administrative and clerical skills, and should be able to follow instructions as given. You should be a good team player and should be able to work on deadline driven situations. Proficiency in Word, Excel is essential, as you will need to handle huge data related to finance. You should be able to prioritize and organize your work to ensure that it is completed within the given time limit. In-depth knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting procedures is a must, along with a high degree of concentration and an ability to identify accounting discrepancies. Experience working on a computerized accounting package is essential.