Contact: Ryan on email@example.com
Provide bio/CV, 2 references and a letter of interest.
Period: 9 month contract (renewable, funding permitting)
Full time: blend of virtual and in-person work
Remuneration: R12 000 monthly (or portion thereof if part-time)
Date of job commencement: May/June 2022 (funding-dependent)
ASSITEJ SA is looking for provincial Theatre4Youth Coordinators, with a deep passion for, and commitment to children and young people, theatre and education through the arts in South Africa, working in Mpumalanga, Limpopo, North West and Free State. These coordinators will be part of a national team, with each coordinator responsible for overseeing around 100 people working with children on the ground in their province.
Key performance areas:
• Implementing a strategically planned project rollout for www.theatre4youth by carrying out research, administering activities, communicating and lobbying to engage with government departments, schools, libraries, ECD centres, NGOs, theatre companies, artists and funders.
• Building the network of ASSITEJ SA members, partners, schools and supporters in the province;
• Managing ASSITEJ‘s web-based interactive theatre and education catalogue service – www.theatre4youth.co.za – its services and sustainability within the province;
• Populating and updating the database with the schools and theatre companies representative of the designated provinces;
• Mentoring and training emerging theatre companies in areas such as: artistic excellence, sustainability, educational relevance, touring and administration.
• Overseeing the monitoring and evaluation of all related projects in the province; these could involve after school programmes, in-school programmes, theatre tours, theatre festivals, workshops for artists, etc.
• Maintaining monthly detailed records and reports of the project.
• Managing the budget and ensuring the successful delivery of the project within set deadlines.
• Project-managing and hosting specific activities (workshops, forums, one-on-one interventions, symposiums etc) in person and online, designed to create synergies between theatre and education, to increase international networking, and to support emerging theatre makers committed to making work for young audiences.
Job Competency (Knowledge, Skills and Experience)
• Tertiary qualification in Theatre or Arts Education or equivalent experience as a professional artist (at least 5 years)
• Minimum 3 years experience in project management, budget setting, report writing, human resource mobilization and budget management skills.
• High level of computer literacy required in Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint as well as skills in social media.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and at least one additional South African language.
• Excellent administrative and record-keeping skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate and mentor others.
Minimum 3- 5 yrs current experience within project management, the arts and/or educational sectors
• An energetic, charismatic and enthusiastic individual with proven management and leadership skills.
• Passionate about working in the NGO sector and making a difference in the arts and educational arenas.
• Has knowledge and experience in theatre and education, and proven capacity to mentor others.
• Has excellent organizational skills and the ability to work interdependently.
• Is proactive, with a high level of problem-solving skills.
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels (both verbal and written).
• Unquestioned personal integrity.
• Above average presentation skills.
• Must be able to pass criminal background checks and credit references.
• Must speak and write a second South African language.
Applications should be submitted no later than 30 April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ASSITEJ SA reserves the right not to employ anyone in this position.