Benefits of Paid Membership of ASSITEJ SA
Let us help you tour your work to schools, festivals or internationally. Get support with your funding applications. Connect with inspiring theatre makers and share skills. Get the latest information about theatre and performing arts for children and young people, and how YOU can benefit.
15 Membership Benefits: Learn More Here ...
- Regular newsletters and updates on what is happening in South Africa, across Africa and the world in theatre and performing arts for children and young people;
- Introductions to contacts and networking opportunities for exchanges, skills transfer, mentoring, touring, collaborations, and publications;
- Involvement in ongoing and once-off ASSITEJ SA projects;
- Support for funding applications, including help with drafting applications, endorsements and references, where appropriate;
- Access to regional and international meetings, webinars and festivals;
- Access to practical support, training, mentorship and advice for yourself or your organisation;
- Free registration in Theatre4Youth, the Interactive Education and Theatre Catalogue, for productions wanting to access school audiences (see www.theatre4youth.co.za);
- Help to tour productions locally or internationally, to schools, crèches, theatres and festivals with ASSITEJ SA as producer, or as support;
- Opportunities to present your productions at ASSITEJ SA showcases, platforms or festivals;
- Reduced rates and/or free access to workshops, theatre productions and other skills-development opportunities;
- Access to ASSITEJ SA resources, including human resources, educational resources, and physical resources;
- Visibility and opportunities to participate within ASSITEJ SA, the African Children and Youth Theatre Arena (ACYTA) and ASSITEJ (the international organization);
- Information about festivals, touring opportunities, workshops, collaborations and development opportunities across the continent and across the globe;
- Discounted press releases via ASSITEJ SA’s Artslink account;
- Opportunities to share your skills, experience and knowledge with ASSITEJ SA members and the international community.
Types of Membership
Network and connect to ASSITEJ members locally and internationally, get a foot in the door while you are studying, get support with setting up your first company or production
Read More ...
Get connected to create a softer landing in the industry.
R80 Annual Membership or 4 hours volunteering for ASSITEJ (to be arranged with provincial ASSITEJ rep)
This is for artists, educators or anyone working in the space of performing arts for, by and with young people. Engage in a vibrant network with a wealth of local and international opportunities on offer.
Read More ...
We provide letters of support, practical help with marketing your work or finding the right production for your learners; access to local and international events and showcases and much more.
R150 Annual Membership or 4 hours volunteering for ASSITEJ (to be arranged with provincial ASSITEJ rep).
This is for companies, schools, organisations & institutions, who want more than one person to benefit.
Read More ...
Organisational membership allows for three or more persons to receive our newsletter directly, and for ASSITEJ SA to partner with you to promote your work, your festivals, tours, runs or programmes, while providing assistance and support where needed.
R300 Annual Membership or 8 hours volunteering for ASSITEJ (to be arranged with provincial ASSITEJ rep)
This once-off joining fee is R 2,500.00 for individuals and R 5,000.00 for organisations
Read More ...
Lifetime Membership means that you never have to be reminded about your fees again, but it also means that you are directly invested in the future of theatre and performing arts for children and young people in South Africa. As a Lifetime Member, you are featured on our website and are considered an Ambassador of the association.
Join Us Today
Enjoy ASSITEJ South Africa benefits.
After filling in our Membership Form, please use your organisational name or surname (individual member) as reference when making payment. If you require an invoice, please email email@example.com. Our banking details are:
|Account Number:||1944 208 127|
|Name of Account Holder:||ASSITEJ South Africa|
PLEASE NOTE: ASSITEJ SA is not an agent or employment broker. ASSITEJ SA is also not a funding agency, although at times ASSITEJ SA may be able to provide direct support to members through specific projects on an ad-hoc basis. ASSITEJ SA membership involves commitment to the vision, mission, and values of the international ASSITEJ and of ASSITEJ SA. ASSITEJ SA reserves the right to not support a member with a particular project or production should it not be possible or appropriate to do so, or if it is felt that their work does not reflect the values of the association.
Our Dedicated Partners
Thank you to all our partners, supporters, funders and friends.