The Sustaining Theatre and Dance (STAND) Foundation contracted ASSITEJ South Africa to create six toolkits aimed at the community arts sector, focusing on: Definitions, Environments and Roles; Governance, Management and Staffing; Marketing and Publicity; Fundraising and Income Generation; Financial Management; Programming and Project Management.
Through May, we did a series of launches and workshops around these toolkits and managed to reach 955 people and 102 organisations around the country.
The following launches/workshops were held, amongst others:
- Saturday 13th May 8h00 – 16h00, (Kagiso) Gauteng
- Friday 19 May @ KCAP, KwaMashu, KZN
- Friday 19 May @ Rhodes University, Makhanda, Eastern Cape
- Saturday 20 May @ Nkomazi Local Municipality, Kamhlushwa Community hall, Mpumalanga
- Thursday 25 May @ Alpha Lodge and Spa, Rustenburg, North West
- Thursday – Friday 26-27 May @ Swellendam, Western Cape
- Saturday 27 May @ Wesselton community hall, Ermelo, eNkangala District, Mpumalanga
- Saturday 27th May (Orange Farm) 11h00 – 5h00, Gauteng
- Wednesday 30 May @ Xclusive Theatre, zone 1, Seshego, Limpopo
- Friday 02 June @Mayibuye Centre, Galeshewe, Kimberley, Northern Cape
- Saturday 03 June @ King cluster community hall, eMthambothini eNkosini, Siyabuswa, Mpumalanga
To request more information about ASSITEJ SA hosting a workshop in your area, contact email@example.com
To download the toolkits for free, go here